Christian Students is a registered club at CSUN serving college students for over 20 years. From weekly Bible studies to dinner fellowships, we facilitate gospel outreach and rich Christian fellowship all around the Northridge community.
As believers and lovers of Christ, we hold the common faith for all believers in Christ (Titus 1:4; Jude 3).
- Our faith is recorded in the Bible, the divinely inspired Word of God (2 Peter 1:21). Word by word it is the breath of God who is uniquely one, but triune—the Divine Trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—coexisting and coinhering equally from eternity to eternity (1 Timothy 2:5; Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- The Son of God, Jesus Christ, is the very God in eternity who became a man in time (John 1:1, 14). He became incarnated through the virgin Mary to be a genuine man. He is both God and man, possessing both divinity and humanity. Jesus Christ lived a perfect, sinless, human life expressing God the Father (Hebrews 4:15; John 14:9).
- Jesus is our Savior (Luke 2:11) who died on the cross as the Lamb of God (John 1:29), shedding His blood to accomplish our redemption (1 Peter 1:3). Then He rose from the dead for our regeneration (1 Peter 1:3) and in resurrection He became a life-giving Spirit (1 Corinthians 15:45) to dispense Himself as life into us. Today He is our life (Colossians 3:4) and the One who lives in us (Galatians 2:20). Now, in ascension He is the Lord of all (Acts 2:36), the Head over all things (Ephesians 1:22), and the Head of the church (Colossians 1:18).
- Our salvation is by God through faith (Ephesians 2:4-9). A sinner must repent to God (Acts 2:38) and believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16) for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 10:43), for redemption (Romans 3:24), for justification (Acts 13:39), and for regeneration in order to have eternal life (John 3:6, 36), become a child of God (John 1:12), and a member of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27).
- All the genuine believers in Jesus Christ compose the church, the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23).
- Jesus Christ will come a second time. We eagerly await His return as the Bridegroom to the church (Revelation 19:7), as a Judge to the world (Acts 10:42), and as the King of kings over all the nations to establish His eternal kingdom (Revelation 11:15, 19:16).